Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gadgets: My Cameras




My Still and Video Cam's collection over the years.... Actually the Canon Film SLR isn't mine but my big bro though he gave it to me when my dad bought him his first DSLR. And then when i passed the Philippine Civil Engineering Board Exam way back Nov. 2003, he gave me a tiny sony digital cam he bought as a gift for my hard work ;) Thanks big bro! ;);)

Then there's our (Nik & I) Sony DVD video cam we used the first time we went home together in Pi in Mar/Apr. 2006 . And since my big bro and cousin jing are soo into photography for as long as i can remember, they told me to save up for a DSLR.... And as Nik knew how much i love gadgets, he got me my first DSLR w/c is the Nikon D80 whom i called BONO in Xmas of 2006. I've taken thousands and thousands of pictures using BONO, capturing moments of my children growing up and etc etc that My big bro, gave me his spare prime lens of 50mm sometime in 2009 when we were in Pi for our church wedding.

But BONO wasn't really a thing you wanna bring when you go clubbing since it wasn't compact. Nik as always, he knew its time for me to upgrade my compact digicam ( the one my big bro got me in 03). He gave me a Samsung TL220 as a xmas gift in 2009, the LCD infront of the cam was the big reason why he liked it but we werent really too happy w/ the pictures it takes, i guess because we keep comparing the images to the ones Bono takes...

The DVD video cam is kinda bulky, expensive (i have to buy lots of spare miniDVD) & outdated for our Disneyland trip for Kali's 3rd bday last year... first it was a flip cam that caught my attention and they have deals during black friday w/ it. And sooo for that we went to walmart and lined for it during black friday, but i wasnt too happy w/ it that i returned and got me the bloggie... ;)

And the latest in my collection is a micro 4/3rds camera of Olympus called PEN Epl-1... My husband said i'm seriously crazy having all this gadget but before you guys react, my Samsung TL220 is practically sold to my lil sister soo the Epl-1 would replace my samsung in my purse.... that is if i get to buy the 17mm or 20mm micro 4/3rd lens.... So hopefully before xmas, i can get myself a new lens and be able to carry it around anywhere i go since i love capturing the moments w/ the kiddos....

And FYI... i'm no Pro... I just love taking pictures!:)



 - Anna -

No comments:

Post a Comment