Wednesday, May 17, 2006

sibling rivalry

i warn you this would be long (i think)
Mom's bday is tomorroy (5/18) and since i'm in US, and it's only the 17th of May here, i don't think i should be greeting my mom yet right?! Tonight when the clocks hand points to 12am, then i will.
My mom makes me feel that i'm such a bad kid, that i don't give a damn about stuff. I do. Mother's day she told me that my lil bro beat me coz he greeted her first on mother's day. I said well, its not mother's day here yet so no point for me to greet you (and i have a gift for her for mother's day you know). But she keeps saying that my siblings back home always greets her on occasions ahead of me. Hello! there's a time difference. They're in pi and i'm here. HELLO!!!
Mother's day, i felt hurt coz i have this gift and she told me that but i just sucked it up anyways. Then my sister had a hard time looking for a place to stay in davao and as a sister, even though i'm far away, i felt that i should help. So i did and i told my mom, what did i get?! a reply "DON'T HELP, LET ME AND YOUR AUNT(dad's sis) DO IT AND DECIDE." w/ words between the lines of MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
I was worried for my sister part coz she's taking the hardest test in the philippines (her chosen profession) and she only got a week left yet she doesn't have a place to stay. So, eventhough they told me not to help, i still did what i could, contact some people and i finally found a place for her and friend w/c is accessible to where she's going to have the review and take the test and well, to the malls and etc.
I help because she's my sister and i love her. I know she's scared and eventhough we werent that close till we reach HS years (well, she used to live w/ my aunt and moved back w/ us during her HS years) i know her. She's my sister. And eventhough she's spoiled, i know how to tame her and give her a wack when she needed it and vice versa.
i know my mom thinks that her plans for me change when i got married but if there's someone in my family who know everything. its my sister. My mom always say she's close to me but she doesnt even know how i feel.
I was suppose to buy her a gift but i changed my mind. Funny how even i'm married, she can still hurt me. if only she knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment